Monday, February 9, 2009

Last night in my bed.

I always think of things in this way - who in my family was so sentimental, I always wonder, that I obsess with meaningless lasts.

Like, tomorrow morning: my last shower in this bathroom for four months. My last walk to the beach. My last drive down A1A.

Today I packed. I have a feeling I'm bringing too much, but at the same time I figure, hey, a little extry never hurt anyone. Except when it comes to weighing my suitcases.

I'll bring the Big Daddy suitcase, my smaller blue one, a backpack, and a purse. Obviously I'm organizing things in my mind via this blogpost.

As I was packing today it occurred to me that I have yet to buy a Chinese-English/English-Chinese dictionary. This, I feel, is a reflection of my togetherness pre-departure. That is to say, I've been more organized before.

But today as my Aunt and my Mema sat on my bed and counted out every pair of underwear (19) I'd laid down, I felt prepared enough. I'll arrive in Beijing, scared and excited, and totally oblivious of whatever's ahead.

Until then, I've got some good reading to look forward to.

2 comments: